页面加载中,请稍候...
双语悦读—《哈利波特》节选片段 | Jooyee 聚译网

双语悦读—《哈利波特》节选片段

····

原文链接: n.a2
发布者:459245886    
点击数: 11284
分享
译文内容简介

《哈利波特》小说节选欣赏

It was the gloomiest, most depressing bathroom Harry had ever set foot in.

这是哈利见过最阴暗、最沉闷的地方。

Under a large, cracked, and spotted mirror were a row of chipped sinks.

在一面污渍斑驳的、裂了缝的大镜子下面,是一排表面已经剥落的、石砌的水池。

The floor was damp and reflected the dull light given off by the stubs of a few candles, burning low in their holders;

地板上湿漉漉的,几根蜡烛头低低地在托架上燃烧着,发出昏暗的光,照得地板阴森森的。

the wooden doors to the stalls were flaking and scratched and one of them was dangling off its hinges.

一个个单间的木门油漆剥落,布满划痕;有一扇门的铰链脱开了,摇摇晃晃地悬挂在那里。

Hermione put her fingers to her lips and set off toward the end stall.

赫敏用手捂着嘴,朝最里面的那个单间走去。

When she reached it she said, "Hello, Myrtle, how are you?"

到了门口,她说:“喂,桃金娘。你好吗?”

Harry and Ron went to look.

哈利和罗恩也跟过去看。

Moaning Myrtle was floating above the tank of the toilet, picking a spot on her chin.

哭泣的桃金娘正在抽水马桶的水箱里飘浮着,揪着下巴上的一处地方。

"This is a girls' bathroom," she said, eyeing Ron and Harry suspiciously. "They're not girls."

“这是女生盥洗室,”她说,用怀疑的目光打量着罗恩和哈利,“他们不是女生。”

"No," Hermione agreed. "I just wanted to show them how er - nice it is in here."

“是的,”赫敏表示赞同,“我想带他们来看看,这里—— 这里—— 是多么漂亮。”

She waved vaguely at the dirty old mirror and the damp floor.

她朝肮脏的旧镜子和潮湿的地板含糊地挥了挥手。

"Ask her if she saw anything," Harry mouthed at Hermione.

“问她有没有看见什么。”哈利压低声音对赫敏说。

"What are you whispering?" said Myrtle, staring at him.

“你们在小声嘀咕什么?”桃金娘瞪着他们,问道。

"Nothing," said Harry quickly. "We wanted to ask -"

“没什么,”哈利赶紧说,“我们想问问你—— ”

"I wish people would stop talking behind my back!" said Myrtle, in a voice choked with tears. "I do have feelings, you know, even if I am dead -"

“我希望人们不要在背后议论我!”桃金娘带着哭腔说,“我也是有感情的,你们知道,尽管我已经死了。”

"Myrtle, no one wants to upset you," said Hermione. "Harry only -"

“桃金娘,没有人想使你难过,”赫敏说,“哈利只是—— ”

"No one wants to upset me! That's a good one!" howled Myrtle.

“没有人想使我难过!这真是一个大笑话!”桃金娘哭叫着说,

"My life was nothing but misery at this place and now people come along ruining my death!"

“我在这里的生活没有欢乐,只有悲伤,现在我死了,人们还不放过我!”

"We wanted to ask you if you've seen anything funny lately," said Hermione quickly.

“我们只想问问你,最近有没有看见什么有趣的事情,”赫敏赶紧说道,

"Because a cat was attacked right outside your front door on Halloween."

“因为万圣节那天,有一只猫就在你的大门外遭到了袭击。”

"Did you see anyone near here that night?" said Harry.

“那天夜里你在附近看见什么人没有?”哈利问。

"I wasn't paying attention," said Myrtle dramatically.

“我没有注意,”桃金娘情绪夸张地说,

"Peeves upset me so much I came in here and tried to kill myself Then, of course, I remembered that I'm - that I'm "

“皮皮鬼那么厉害地折磨我,我跑到这里来想自杀。后来,当然啦,我想起来我已经—— 我已经—— ”

"Already dead," said Ron helpfully.

“已经死了。”罗恩帮她把话说完。

Myrtle gave a tragic sob, rose up in the air, turned over, and dived headfirst into the toilet, splashing water all over them and vanishing from sight,

桃金娘悲痛地啜泣一声,升到空中,转了个身,头朝下栽进了抽水马桶,把水花溅到他们身上,然后就不见了。

although from the direction of her muffled sobs, she had come to rest somewhere in the U-bend.

从她沉闷的抽泣声听来,她躲在了马桶圈里的什么地方。

Harry and Ron stood with their mouths open, but Hermione shrugged wearily and said, "Honestly, that was almost cheerful for Myrtle .... Come on, let's go."

哈利和罗恩目瞪口呆地站着,赫敏却懒洋洋地耸了耸肩膀,说:“说实在的,这在桃金娘来说算是愉快的了..来,我们走吧。” 

[注:文章版权属于原作者所有,如涉及版权问题,请与我们联系 admin@jooyee.com,谢谢] 

热门评论